9.28.2007

It All Started With a Chair

I have a love/hate relationship with IKEA. I have the unfortunate convenience of being able to see it beckoning from my office window, tempting me to occasionally “pop in” on my lunch break to pick up 1000 tea lights or 50 frames to hang in Audrey’s bathroom (more on that later…)

I was cruising through the other day and spotted this chair and was immediately smitten…it’s so, well, un-Ikea. The picture doesn’t even do it justice, it’s so sleek and modern and very Eileen Gray. I reasoned that buying it would allow me to give Bryan his desk chair back (which he hasn’t stopped bugging me about since I swiped it last year.) So here’s the problem…I got it home, stuck it in front of my desk, and now my entire (very tiny) office is begging to be re-done to live up to the coolness of the chair. Damn you Ikea.

1 comment:

Joanna Goddard said...

omg, i LOVE this chair! wow. and it's comfy, you say? wow, i might have to head to IKEA pronto. thank you so much, joslyn.