11.01.2007

Making a List

I’m pretty adamant about fully experiencing one holiday before jumping into the next one. It’s tempting, with Christmas lights hitting the aisles next to Halloween candy, but I refuse whip out the decorations until the first week of December, allowing us to fully experience Thanksgiving rather than some hybrid Harvest-mas.

I do make an exception for creating my gift list. A ritual after Halloween is to go through old holiday issues of my favorite magazines to get ideas. I just came across this hot chocolate in the December 06 Domino. Last year we became obsessed with making really good hot chocolate (no more powdery mix in a tepid mug of water). This one is a bit pricey, but it looks totally decadent, and the tin is so lovely and minimal, like a little work of art.

It definitely makes the list…a tin for us and a few for gifts…

No comments: