1.28.2008

Be Mine


Images via Kate's Paperie

Immediately post-college, Bryan and I lived for a few years in Boulder, Colorado, where I did a stint as the event planner for an upscale Italian restaurant - the ideal destination for a Valentine's Day romantic dinner... The inevitable annual influx of V-day awkwardness to the restaurant led to us re-christen the day "Amateur Night."

Despite that, I love the holiday...I'm all about sweet gestures and crushes and crafting homemade valentines of doilies and scrap paper and glitter with Audrey. Plus, I'm smitten with hearts.

On the 14th, it would be lovely to stay home for dinner and have your sweetie present you with a love note tucked inside this little box... Dontcha think?

5 comments:

alyson. said...

that's a really cool box!

don't know if you noticed or not, but we picked you to receive a set of valentines cards from the best birthday party post! :) email me your info and I'll send them along.

Joslyn said...

Alyson, I just saw! SO FUN...thanks

Joanna Goddard said...

yes, i agree, it would be nice to stay home! in new york, most restaurants have a valentines' day pre-fix menu, so you end up spending tons of money...

my boyfriend and i were thinking this year of having a Retro Date, where we get milkshakes and go to the movies.

Schoenings said...

Why does this remind me of Horton Hears a Hoo? Too cute.

ali said...

Yes, indeedie. I do think.