10.03.2008

Friday's List

image via Tea for Joy

This is the final featured list from last Friday's adventure, and I can’t express enough how thrilled I am that so many of you joined in on this little project. I’ve looked at all your lists and am fully planning to “steal” many of your items for my next set of goals… You guys are so inspiring. Check back Monday to see who Amy and I selected for a little prize.

Today's list belongs to Lynne of the lovely blog, Tea for Joy. She took a different approach, and instead of having her goals lead up to her next birthday, she came up with 20 items she wants to accomplish before her career hiatus ends…enjoy!
  1. Go to New York as an election tourist - go Obama!
  2. Make something with the 24 old watch faces I just bought in Paris - I'm desperate to have an Etsy shop, even though I don't have any craft-making talent.
  3. Take up salsa again.
  4. Design a header for my blog.
  5. De-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter - the story of my life.
  6. Look for an old Polaroid camera on E-bay and stockpile as much film as I can, as they've stopped making it.
  7. Finish painting my living room - there's been one unpainted wall for over a month now.
  8. Admit that I am lazy and lacking in some domestic graces - and hire a cleaner.
  9. Go to the Columbia Road flower market.
  10. Spend some dedicated time on Ebay looking for the bargain furniture/ephemera/painting finds which other people always seem to find and refer to in their Living Etc homes.
  11. Put up curtains, which I've lived without for the 17 months (really, that long?) I've owned this flat.
  12. For at least one week, use up all of the ingredients in my organic vegetable box before the next one arrives.
  13. Make at least one of Orangette's banana bread recipes (with the bananas I've frozen when I haven't eaten them before they get a bit mushy - see no. 12.)
  14. Go for a walk on Wandsworth Common every day (I was going to write run but that may be slightly optimistic.)
  15. Figure out how to use all the new appliances I have in my lovely new kitchen.
  16. Take some time to consider what really is my signature karaoke song.
  17. Have at least one dinner party where I'm not running round in a blind panic five minutes before the guests arrive.
  18. Read at least five of the currently 23 unread books on my bookshelves.
  19. Rearrange my bookshelves so my books are colour co-ordinated.
  20. Have a brilliant idea so that I can have another (and preferably permanent) career break from my professional but uninspiring career.

7 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

this is a GREAT list! those 24 old watch faces sound amaaaazing!!

Unknown said...

super list. very inspiring, all of these have been...

P said...

I totally agree with the karaoke song idea. This is so critical, otherwise you end up singing "Don't Use Sex as a Weapon."

karey m. said...

aargh! didn't realize it needed to be finis this week! will work on this...

so far, i have "quit my blog and write a book." aargh!

xoxo.

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

#15 put a huge smile on my face and I can so relate to #18.

What a great twist on the list idea. I didn't make this week's cut-off, but finishing said list really is on my weekend to do list.

P.S. Karey is not allowed to quit her blog. :)

Lynne said...

You will all be glad to know I have made some progress on my list...well, not really. I have been working on number 5 - de-clutter. I've kind of missed the season for spring cleaning but I have SO MUCH junk to get rid of. Oh, and I have bought a curtain rail - although I think that maybe I like blinds better...

Julia said...

This is really a great idea. I agree, I feel like I'm reading everyone's lists and stealing pieces parts to fill up mine! So many good idears!