10.02.2008

Thursday's List


images via knot sew crafty

All this week, along with my normal posts, Amy and I will feature lists from Friday's adventure!


Today's list belongs to Alexis of the most excellent blog, Knot Sew Crafty...enjoy!

40 Things I want to Do Before I'm 41

  1. Walk five days a week. No excuses. (Unless it's raining or my toe hurts or it's too darn cold.)
  2. Master the Granny Square, beyond a shadow of a doubt.
  3. Learn to knit. (Get over embarrassment at my ineptitude and ask Amy for help!)
  4. Make freezer paper stencils.
  5. Make my first quilt.
  6. See if I can set up a compost situation in our backyard that is not smelly or gross.
  7. YOGA!
  8. Learn basic Spanish.
  9. Be a better correspondent.
  10. Strive to be more like Pip.
  11. Socialize more. (And commenting on blogs doesn't count!)
  12. Don't eat fake food.
  13. Go to a doctor about my wrist.
  14. Do not visit Amazon.com. Just say no!
  15. Learn the Hebrew Alphabet.
  16. Keep the blackboard in the kitchen orderly.
  17. Set up a designated craft area.
  18. Learn to take better photographs. (Maybe hire Maya to be my tutor? I will pay her in cookies...)
  19. Learn Photoshop and Illustrator.
  20. Get rid of books that are over five years old that I haven't looked at yet, or have looked at and didn't particularly care for.
  21. Write thank you letters.
  22. Read biographies of Winston Churchill.
  23. Eat at the new Mario Batali restaurant in Port Chester.
  24. Eat more vegan meals (--although, probably not at the Mario Batali restaurant.)
  25. Bake an impressive birthday cake for Willa's birthday. (Bea and India can have nice cakes, too, but I'll be 41 by then.)
  26. Make a fabric bunting.
  27. Make a mix of slow songs as a lullaby CD for the kids.
  28. Homeschool showtunes!
  29. Frame all the pictures that are waiting around to be framed.
  30. Make my inspiration board more inspiring.
  31. Leave more interesting comments on the blogs I read.
  32. Convince Auntie J and Kate to start blogs for my amusement and edification.
  33. Embrace my inner hippie. (She's in there and she needs a hug.)
  34. Drink a large glass of water every morning.
  35. Read "Buddhism for Mothers" and "Blessings of the Skinned Knee" as often as necessary and try to live by them.
  36. Organize the attic. (That might take until I'm 45.)
  37. Travel with Mario Batali and Gwyneth Paltrow.
  38. Go to a retreat at the Omega Institute.
  39. Write longer and more involved posts.
  40. Do all of the above, and remain relaxed. Perhaps take up drinking?

4 comments:

Kate said...

I've jumped on the bandwagon as well. Thanks for the idea. It was very fun!

Julia said...

I'm getting excited, my list is shaping up :)

This one was awesome!

"Embrace my inner hippie"

Brilliant!

TwoWishes Tara said...

Love the idea of these lists, but I've got to say this is the one that finally connected with me. For the sad, simple reason that this "goal age" is one I haven't reached yet!

But now that I'm into the idea, can't wait to go create my own. Thanks for inspiring our life-creativity!

Unknown said...

Love the idea and the lists! I posted one two days ago.

Shannon