2.13.2009

Blogger’s Favorites – Hula Seventy

Let me first just say I love this week’s list. Of course, I love all the Blogger’s Favorites that I post, but I really, really LOVE this one.

See I have a special fondness for Andrea… Yes, she rocks for all the obvious reasons – her mad photography skills, the adorable + incredibly cool girlie party she threw for her eight year old, Photobooth Friday

BUT, for me, she especially rocks because of “THE LISTS.”

Andrea is the list Goddess. Seriously. If you happened to participate in the list goodness back in September it was all because of Andrea

So without further ado, herewith Andrea’s favorites. Enjoy and happy weekend!

p.s. if you want to see more of what Andrea loves, check out her top 100 here



Photobooths -- Because you can be whoever you want behind that little curtain. And because they tell my life story in the most spectacular way.


Record players -- Because nothing sounds better on a Sunday afternoon than the quiet hiss and occasional crack and pop of vinyl. Nina Simone never sounded so sweet.


Embroidered Peasant Blouses -- Because all those bright little embroidered flowers are like candy, like Mexico next to your skin. I buy them whenever and wherever I can, even when they don't fit. I hang them around the room and they remind me that summer is state of mind.


Bicycles -- Because there's no better way to see a neighborhood, a city, a country than from atop the seat of an old bicycle.


Photography -- Because I love the way the world looks through the lens of a camera. And I love just about any kind of camera I can get my hands on. It's a beautiful thing to be able to stop time with a photograph.


Paper lanterns -- Because nothing brings the party like a mess of bright-colored paper lanterns. And nothing looks so lovely swaying in the wind.


Libraries -- Because there's no better place to get lost in than the big downtown library. Except for maybe a good book. As it turns out, the library is full of good books. And they all smell old and sweet like cigar boxes, like knowledge and possibility.


Vintage World Globes -- Because they remind me of places I've been and all the places (so many places) I want to go. Because I'm hopelessly hooked on the colors-- dreamy shades of turquoise and green, little bits of yellow. And because it feels good to line them up on the mantle. It feels even better to spin them around and around.


Moleskine Notebooks -- Because the thick pages beg to be written, scribbled and painted on. They just happen to be perfect for collages made from scraps of found paper and every list you'd ever want to make. Also, that pocket in the back is brilliant.


Daisies -- Because nothing brightens the day like a fistful of daisies. Stick them in an old glass jar and the room is instantly happier. Stick one behind your ear and you're golden.

27 comments:

paula said...

i happen to love her loves! so beautiful.

Our Green Nest said...

Many of her loves are mine as well - photography, embroidered mexican blouses/dresses, vintage globes...yeah, it's an amazing list! TU for sharing!

Miss | A said...

she is great. what a fun read.

Miss | A said...

You are my featured hoem tour today- do you want to link it on your blog? It looks great!

Rita Finn said...

I think I'm in love ... with all of it!

inkWELL Press said...

Fabulous list - all of it, really.

Kristin said...

What a lovely list.

Rachel said...

You're right - this is an amazing list. And the photographs! Sigh.

erin said...

these are beautiful photos. and a beautiful list. thanks so much for sharing!

Erica Kelly said...

such beautiful things!

Lynne said...

Oh what a great list. I love those old globes - and photobooth friday.

erica lorraine scheidt said...

A perfectly perfect list.

Callie Grayson said...

lovely list of beautifulness!

nelya said...

..."summer is a state of mind"...*sigh*

Laura McLaws Helms said...

Such a cute list!

MS said...

Absolutely great photos. I love the one with the bike and the daisy. So cute!

Heather Taylor said...

I love this list. Gorgeous pics too. What is better than a vase full of daisies? Nothing? Yes, nothing.

andrea said...

ah joslyn! you are too kind! what an honor to be featured here! and all in the name of list-making!

xo

olga d said...

what an awesome blog! so glad i found it.

god, everyone's so obsessed with old bikes (me included). makes me feel so uncool, because i have a crappy new one from target. just waiting for it to break so i can get a new old one. heh.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Such a beautiful and wonderful list.......I loved it and especially about the daisies. I couldn't agree more!
Thank you ladies!
xo
Melis

Style Court said...

Oh, yes, such an inspired list!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

LOVE , LOVE , LOVE that peasant blouse...i have one too! : )

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Awesome round up! Just love it!

Elizabeth Halt said...

a simply lovely list

christina said...

Such a beautiful list. From a beautiful Andrea. : )

Trish said...

beautiful--I love these. And thank you for the shout out to libraries!

Anonymous said...

I have such a color crush. Andrea just has a way with words and images. I adore her and the way she sees the world. Thanks for sharing.