4.20.2009

Back Home...






We’re back from the beach, and I can happily report that it was our most successful family vacation to date.

The weather was lovely -- not too hot, but clear and sunny (with the exception of one welcome stormy day that had us watching movies, playing board games and making a big Mexican feast)… perfect for playing on the beach, swimming in the pool or going on long bike rides, which honestly was pretty much all we did for seven days – literally. Every evening before dinner I’d sip a cocktail on the porch of our house and marvel at how incredibly fortunate we are take a trip each year with dear friends to such a beautiful place.

As with most things in life, the simplest moments were the most memorable -- dancing with the girls at an evening concert/picnic mid-week, watching the waves crash while Millie took a nap on my chest on the beach, sitting at the edge of the pool reading while the girls happily splashed around (I actually managed to read two great books in a week -- a record since the girls were born…) Sure there was all the requisite chaos and occasional meltdowns of any good multi-family vacation, but it was mostly perfection, and at the end of the week we were sad to leave but happy to be home, which is the best possible combination.

Hope your week was splendid!

28 comments:

erin said...

sounds perfect to me! these photographs are completely adorable. those clouds are incredible. happy monday!

Callie Grayson said...

sounds like a fantastic holiday away! many memories and wonderful times shared.
have a great week.
callie

Laura Trevey said...

Wow, I would love to be able to paint clouds like the first photo! Beautiful :)

Rachel said...

It sounds like a perfect vacation to me! Getting in two books and some relaxation time is amazing.

Kate said...

What house did you stay in? I just adore Seaside. Can't wait for July.

Anonymous said...

wow, it sounds amazing!

Sarah Bradley said...

Sounds wonderful. And, what a beautiful storm cloud! Glad you're back! :)

melissa loves said...

Oh, that sounds absolutely perfect.....I can see it all, and it sounds like heaven! I am SO glad you had a great time!
xo
Melis
ps we missed you though! :)

Miss | A said...

you were missed. so glad you are back. I look forward to Friday night!

Our Green Nest said...

Sounds perfect!! Glad you made it safely back!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Beautiful. Glad you enjoyed yourself and lovely to have you back.

Julia said...

sounds like a beautiful weekend!!

paula said...

I am so happy you all had such a wonderful time. I am ready to go back myself:)

Kristin said...

Welcome back! Your photos are gorgeous... the place looks just like heaven. And your trip sounds like it was wonderful. I am so glad you get to do this every year... it is a tradition your girls will never forget.

jae said...

two words...simply lovely.

rikshaw design said...

is that seaside? i love that place.

Joslyn said...

it is seaside!

Jane said...

Hope re-entry was good for you Joslyn. The boys are missing the girls and having a wonderful time retelling adventures that they had. Love the pictures.

Mrs.French said...

honestly girly...this sounds like heaven. I can't imagine I full week at the beach! I guess for now I will settle for little spurts! Welcome back...we missed you!
xo
t
p.s.
your photographs captured it perfectly...

Julia said...

I'm so glad you had such an incredible time down there--so much sunshine :) And simplicity!

Divine! Thank you!

Joanna Goddard said...

what amazing photos! i'm so happy you had such a great time. i love that she took a nap on you, so sweet. :)

Chelsea said...

It looks like such a beautiful place!

Daniela Valdez said...

Those images are just lovely!

I hope you had a great day!

Daniela Valdez said...

Those images are just lovely!

I hope you had a great day!

jora said...

This truly sounds like the perfect family trip. I'm so glad you had a nice time!

PS~Erin said...

Sounds like a perfect vacation!

Laura said...

ah, seaside! it gets better every year!

Joanna said...

Sounds positively blissful. But I am so curious, which two great books did you finish?