6.18.2009

Things I Bought Thursdays...



First up are the two pieces of art (and the two sweet dresses for Millie) that I bought last weeekend at the White Rock Local Market. One is a lovely oil on paper mounted on wood that I hung in the hall, and every. single. time. I pass it, I smile. A sign of a good purchase indeed. The other is a mixed media piece on wood that I bought for Audrey's room. I'm really smitten with both.

Second, I bought the organic hemp silk dress that I blogged about a while ago, deeply discounted from Beklina. I must say, I would not actually consider this a dress, unless you have pencil legs or wicked high self-confidence...neither of which I possess. But I love it nonetheless, and the shopping experience at Beklina was perfection.

In other news, I posted my recipe for guacamole with feta cheese over here. Take a peek.

15 comments:

Joanna said...

You know, I'm a very picky girl when it comes to dresses. But this dress (or whatever you want to call it!) is divine and looks wonderful on you.

Beklina said...

Thank you Joslyn!
Looks great :)

Erica Kelly said...

super cute find!! that color looks great on you ;)

Julia said...

You look incredible in these photos, my dear :) That dress is stunning on you, regardless of how you wear it :)

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Beautiful dress, and I agree, you look gorgeous in it! Great photos!

Now I'm going to go check out that recipe...yum!

amoramor said...

Its gorgeous! :)

Melissa de la Fuente said...

You look absolutely gorgeous hun! I am so happy your purchases make you smile! That IS a good purchase!
xo
Melis

paula said...

you look beautiful in the dress, great purchase indeed.

House of Milk said...

you really are oh so lovely. i love your self portraits, so modest and delicate :)

Kristin said...

You look wonderful! That dress is smashing!

sk said...

Wow! Gorgeous dress.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Great dress...

Also, I'm intrigued by this recipe for guacamole with feta cheese!!

AMM blog said...

Can I say how much I love your yellow wall?! What color is it??

Mrs.French said...

it really is beautiful...and gone...thank goodness! you look stunning my dear...xo t

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh! That dress is stunning!