7.06.2009

Scenes from The Week-End, A Big Thank You + Those Shoes






First up the weekend...

We ate our weight in shrimp while in Louisiana -- shrimp scampi and shrimp etouffee...so, so good. Audrey got her first wasp sting, and (understandably) it was pretty traumitizing for all of us, we saw the biggest spider on the planet in an equally giant web, and there was just generally a lot of relaxing and reading and a bit of trolling around antique shops.

All in all a lovely week-end.

Now for the gratitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the comments on the new jeans. For those of you that are wondering, they're from Martin + Osa and are majorly on sale. The good news is that it appears I underestimated my mom and sister as they were totally down with the jeans, and after wearing them for a couple of days, I'm way more comfortable with the whole enterprise.

+ you guys have given me all sorts of genius suggestions and as such, I'll be trying a smaller, messier cuff and maybe a shorter top (it seems some of you aren't so enamored with my "uniform" with these jeans, and it's understandable but baby steps friends...) At any rate, you guys completely and totally rock.

And then there are the shoes. Oh the shoes...

They're Chie Mihara, and I found them at Neiman's last call sale. In case you want a pair of your very own, I've seen them on Piperlime and a few other spots also on sale (not quite as deeply discounted as at Neimans but on sale nonetheless.)


Hope your 4th of July was splendid!

24 comments:

Amanda Nicole said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I'm glad you kept the jeans, and those shoes - divine!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

LOVE the first photo - so Southern! Your weekend sounded spectacular...and thankfully, the jeans were able to join in on the fun!

Simply Me Art said...

Thanks for the Shoe Info.. Looks like a Splendid weekend,Love your Blog,Jamie

tiffany said...

It sounds like you had a lovely weekend, despite the wasp sting and the ginormous spider!

Isn't it funny how we build up what we think other people's reactions to things will be in our heads and in reality, they never compare? I'm glad the jeans were a hit -- they should be, they're super cute! Own it!

Christine Vi said...

ah! The shoes are adorable! I stumbled upon your blog and have spent the past few days reading past post. (Now i don't quite remember how I stumbled upon it but I'm glad nonetheless!)

And a-bit-late-comment on your jeans, but I find them very cute on you! My mom always told me that even if a fashion comes around again, just try it anyway! Sometimes they look better now and sometimes worse, so there's no harm in experimenting. :)

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

these are such lovely images...but i must admit, your story of the spider gave me shivers down my spine!

Miss | A said...

hi ya! welcome home.

Callie Grayson said...

what a weekend! shrimp eating and wasp stings (not fun and oh, so painful!)
those shoes!! love them.

my weekend was filled with fun and house projects and a few drinks:)
xx
callie

elizabeth said...

Holy cow, those shoes are awesome! I just spent 20 mins. trying to find the best possible internet deal. Love 'em!

Rachel said...

Love the shoes! Glad you've come to peace with the jeans.

christina said...

i'll definitely let you know when the next one comes around (should be the 3rd or 4th week of august). lovely blog, i'll be stopping by regularly!

Joslyn said...

thanks christina...can't wait!

. said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Lovely images.

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

erin said...

i love these photos! looks like a wonderful weekend!

simplesong said...

love the snippets from your weekend. and the shoes!! you totally rock them ... so cute.

Pixie said...

Totally made me homesick for Louisiana...minus the wasp, oh and the over 100 degree weather they've been having in my parent's part of the swamp. But the shrimp, now that's good stuff. :)

Unknown said...

I love your shoes!!! Chunky heal + ankle strap = rocks!!!

Unknown said...

Wow I love Creola Cafe! My husband grew up in Sunset right down the street and we lived in Lafayette almost all of last year. Grand Coteau is such a great little getaway and I loved shopping out there. All the store owners are so sweet and helpful, not to mention they have great merchandise. We are heading out there in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!

thanks for sharing and you have incredible style...i don't think you could go wrong!

orange sugar home said...

love the shoes!! looks like someone who isn't so used to heels might be able to wear these. what great taste!

Julie said...

grand coteau, no? don't you love that little area lined with sweet shops? hubs and i go there quite often.

Sara said...

beautiful pictures. it's looks like a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

How nice you had a lovely weekend. :) Peace and... many moore!

nina
(lugardenina.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. It sounds like you had a great time. And I love Chie Mihara's designs.

Mrs.French said...

it is taking every ounce of restraint I possess not to purchase those shoes...ack! xo t