8.07.2009

Blogger’s Favorites Melissa of Reverie Daydream

This week’s list belongs to the incredibly kind, tasteful + lovely Melissa of the equally lovely blog Reverie Daydream. An ardent Francophile, she also runs an online boutique , filled with all sorts of France inspired perfection (I’m especially coveting the j t’aime pillow and the sweet birdie vases for the girlie’s room and the Austin Press monogrammed cards for me…)

So without further ado Melissa’s favorites (of course they’re perfection!)

Enjoy and have a splendid weekend!



Blue Bottle Coffee – hands-down, it is the best (personal opinion) coffee in the United States, and it might even soar above the European beans to!

Cow Girl Creamery – their cheese and all its creamy splendor send me to the moon and back

Fresh Flowers – this simple and lovely addition to our home makes it just burst with vibrant happiness.

Gelato – a scoop a day keeps the doctor away, right?



Baccarat Champagne Coupes – these divine beauties were given to me as a gift from a very dear friend, and I cherish them with all my heart.

Personalized Stationery – I’ve always had a penchant for pretty stationery, and when my daughter, Gaia Miette, was born, I couldn’t wait to have some personalized for her too (especially the ones with her and our pug, Ashton). I hope she ‘inherits’ my love of a handwritten note.

Cookbooks – it seems I have a weakness for cookbooks. My shelves are filled with them and nothing makes me happier than pulling one off the shelf, pouring a glass of champagne, and then creating a spectacular meal.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hasn't Ms. Mel just picked the most fabulous list of favorites? Champagne! Cheese! Gelato! And that personalized little girl stationary with the darling pug. It just doesn't get any more better than this.

Thanks for sharing this splendor in the morning!

Cheers.

Estelle Hayes said...

Oh, so true about Melissa. Love everything on her list and her blog and her boutique. Now, I need to pick up some Cow Girl Creamery for this weekend. Yum.

Amanda Nicole said...

I have the same theory about gelato ;) Happy weekend.

Christy said...

I'm not surprised that I love all the items on her list too - she has exquisite taste! I want to go eat some gelato, drink some champagne, and cook...hmmmm. It's five o'clock somewhere, right?

~h~ said...

She is wonderfully kind and tasteful! I love this list; especially the champagne coupes and fresh flowers on the bedside table. I need to consider champagne as something other than what gets me through the holidays with extended family, I think. :)

pve design said...

Music to my ears, champagne, flowers, fresh personalized paper...hmmm - oh and gelato....
pve

Kristin said...

This was such a nice post full of wonderful things to adore. Champagne, gelato, stationary and flowers? Love every bit!

z said...

Gelaaaaaato!
Love your photos :]

erin said...

ooh, lovely! melissa is so very sweet...no surprise her favorites are too!

Joslyn said...

april -- you made me laugh out loud. i'm so with you on the champagne!

Kristin said...

Joslyn - I just had to go order that pillow from her shop. It's too perfect to pass up and is going to look fantastic in our nursery. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect list---can you believe I've lived in san fran for a year and have yet to try blue bottle coffee? i think i have to put that at the top of my to-do list now...

Relyn Lawson said...

a wonderful list, and such a fun way to get to know you. Gaia Miette's stationary is absolutely amazing!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

So great and now I am dying for some yummy gelato and a cup of this coffee! Melissa is such a sweetheart and so happy to see her here!
xo
Melis

Katie said...

You always feature the loveliest ladies (and their equally lovely lists!) Melissa's shop is adorable!

Stephanie said...

I love me a little Cowgirl Creamery myself. Ever been to the little "factory" in Point Reyes? I love seeing the cheesemaking (well, at least a portion of it) in action.