9.10.2009

A Fall List

incredibly lovely "fallish" feeling photo by the equally lovely Mrs. French (of course ;-)

It's been a while since I've made a good list.

I opted not to do a new "birthday list" when I turned 35, as I was still working through all the items on my list from the year before. (I'm happy to report, I've made good progress on that undertaking, with only 15 items remaining out of the original 34, and I'm still working it...)

So instead, I've created a simple list of ten goals to accomplish before the end of the year. Some items are sort of, well...daunting (spearheading the school garden, making a bed for Millie), and others are simple and fun, like mastering new recipes and camping in the backyard with the girlies.

I'm really going to try and cross every single item off the list by December 31st!

Anyone care to join me??

Herewith The Ten Things I Want to Do Before 2010:
  1. Take a cooking class
  2. Master three new recipes
  3. Spearhead a kitchen garden at Audrey’s elementary school
  4. Re-do Millie’s room – design and make a bed w/ Bryan, wallpaper back wall
  5. Finish giant closet purge project
  6. Read five new books
  7. Take Audrey to the theater
  8. Plan and throw a birthday party for Millie as special as Audrey’s…
  9. Camp in the backyard with Bryan and the girlies
  10. Open Simple Lovely Shop – more on this tomorrow...

13 comments:

the southern hostess said...

I love making lists like this! Good luck!

Emily said...

love this. can't wait to hear more tomorrow...

Sarah Bradley said...

Great list! I can't wait to hear more about the shop!

Sarah Bradley said...

Great list! I can't wait to hear more about the shop!

Anonymous said...

love this, i think i will make a list! a shop!!!!!!!

Full House said...

Lists are great....especially when you get things maked off.

Good luck!

mb said...

Oh goodness. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

ooh, ooh, a simple lovely shop? I cannot wait for tomorrow either! Eek! I love your list hun and I think you are a special list maker indeed!
xo
Melis

Jane Flanagan said...

Great list! It's always nice to make a quarterly plan like this! I definitely share the reading commitment. And I'm really excited about the Simple Lovely Shop!!

AMM blog said...

My only goals before 2010 are to have my baby-he's due Mon-then lose the baby weight!!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely list & a great idea!

I need to do one of these..

jamie said...

very nice. i heart lists. esp inspired ones!

Aron said...

Good luck!