1.05.2010

Loving...

Despite the fact that we're having one of the coldest weeks in history here in Dallas, everything I'm loving right now feels oddly "Spring"...or at least crisp and uncluttered and bright (like this shot by Maura McEvoy -- one of my faves, I always come back to this photo.)

It's a January thing I suppose.

Here's what else I'm loving.


More perfect styling from Dwell Studio... I'd pretty much like to pick this entire vignette up and plop it into my house.

Speaking of the house, I'm having a black and white moment right now, which is admittedly odd for me. It's currently manifesting itself in a strong desire to get a giant black and white striped rug for under the new dining table... something really bold and graphic to balance the ultra organic feel in there.

Whattya think?

This (again with the black and white) tea towel from Ferm Living.



i.klee's perfect key rings...


This sweet polka dot skirt for the girlies from Polarn O. Pyret... (they're having a great sale right now, it's definitely worth a peek.)

12 comments:

katy said...

Love the key rings - the owl in particular. Great find.

Good + Happy Day said...

Joslyn, I'm going through a big black/white phase too! Especially with some wood and grays to soften it and then just a touch of color, I love it. I've been eyeing that IKEA rug too! It's cool and the price is right since we pretty much have to replace our dining room rug every year... the girls are good but messy eaters! I keep the Dwell catalog on my bedside table for inspiration. It's awesome and I want everything in it!

Cherry Blossoms said...

I love black and white. My living room is black and white, my bedroom is white and my office is black and white! At least we know those colors never go out of style. I did see that Target has some new fun black and white home decorating items.

Anonymous said...

I think the whole country is under the cold front that has moved in. We are well below normal temps here too.

How about a black and white stripe rug? Ikea has a version of that I really love.

loving your list as usual?

Engracia said...

What divine keyrings, especially the swedish horse.
Cheers
Engracia

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I always seem to go back to black and white. They are my comfort zone colors!

Merel said...

I totally agree with what you say. I love that first picture!

Oonie said...

So funny--the top photo feels "spring" to you and feels "snowy" to me! Maybe I'm unduly influenced by the actual weather but it looks like the cleansed world after a snowstorm to me. Beautiful!

Blair McLeod said...

love the keyrings!!

I was "bloghopping" and came across your blog. I'd love for you and any of your readers to participate in my very first Blog Swap!

check it out:

http://davidandblairmcleod.blogspot.com/2010/01/favorite-things-swap.html

paula said...

at first I though the dwell styling was another snippet of your home. It so looks like you!

Hello Lindello said...

That skirt is adorable!

style-for-style said...

that cutie cute little skirt looks easy enough to make...