6.04.2010

Blogger's Favorites -- Nicole of Making it Lovely

image via making it lovely...

I'm a huge fan of Nicole's genius blog, Making it Lovely -- I love following along as she and her (completely adorable) family transform their home in Chicago...little by little, slow and steady, and always with impeccable taste. It's totally inspiring.

But there's one more thing... You see I have a deep and abiding love of pink.

I just don't admit it very often. Unlike the lovely and talented Nicole, my pink affinity is hidden and latent.

Nicole rocks the pink. Hard. There's her genius pink living room...oh and that pink rug, and then there's her fantastic design business, pink loves brown.

And her list (which I love) is chock full of the pink...(sigh.) So, without further ado, herewith Nicole's favorites. Enjoy and have a lovely week-end!


Charm Bracelets -- There must be a story behind each charm, but you get bonus points if the charm bracelet was handed down to you from your mother or grandmother. (photo via here)


Chocolate and Peanut Butter -- All I can say is thank goodness for that infamously clumsy pair walking down the street. Had they not bumped into each other, would the world have been denied this delicious combination? (photo via vosges)


Cake Stands -- I'm not really a big fan of cake, but I own three cake stands. One is an old family piece, one was a gift from a friend (it's pink hobnail glass), and one is small, white, and ceramic. I love them all. (photo via here)


Peonies -- Big, pink, ruffly, beautiful peonies are perhaps my favorite flower. I had peonies in my wedding bouquet, and we have tons of peonies planted around our home. (photo via here)


Wallpaper I love pattern so of course I love wallpaper, but there is more to it… When someone makes the decision to put up wallpaper in their home, they are making a statement about who they are (stylistically) and what they love. That's awesome. (photo via here)


Pink -- How can I list my favorites without including pink? (photo via here)

26 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORE that charm bracelet!!!

*Happy Weekend*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Unknown said...

Pink is always tops in my book...and I have that pink pouf too!! What a great list...

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

She makes pink look very poised in that office pic!

XO
Lenore

Estelle Hayes said...

I have a big, fat, lifelong crush on pink. Pink and brown were my wedding colors many years ago. So I love this list and now I'm off to explore her blog.

rosiecampbell said...

Peonies! I have them everywhere right now. And I love anything pink.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Nicole is a great inspiration for many of us, thanks for sharing this!!

Katie said...

My photo and charm bracelet!! What a happy surprise spotting it. It was my grandma's, then my mom's and now mine. It is one of my most treasured family mementos.

Liz Harrell said...

Nicole is always one of my favorites! Thanks for the inspiring post!

AMM blog said...

Peonies, chocolate, peanut butter?!
I think these are my favorites too!

Bridgette@Picked Fresh Daily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridgette@Picked Fresh Daily said...

i love the charm too! i have the exact same one with my hubby's name and b-day on it from the 60's. it was handed down from his grandmother, to mother to me!

xo, B
www.pickefreshdaily.blogspot.com

torrie said...

...kinda funny because I thought I was so cool a while back buying my pink cell phone, and then I saw my "coolest mom friend" with the exact same phone in charcoal gray. Yes, 'junior-highish' I admit, but my pink phone felt a little less cool...for a moment.

~ So I get the whole LOVE for pink, but not admitting it frequently thing. :) Happy weekend.

Little Mave said...

I love Making it Lovely! If only I could decorate and renovate my old house like her:)

Style MILK said...

Me too!!! I am head over heels in love with PINK! Every shade from pastel to bubble gum!!! Such a soothing yet at the same time invigorating colour inspiring colour x

donna good said...

love charm bracelets, I have two

Unknown said...

Lost my ability to concentrate after chocolate and peanut butter.....smiles.

and flowers pick themselves said...

love the peonies :)

xo Alison

Melissa Blake said...

there's no question...pink IS the best color in the world!! :)

Millie@PassionDecor said...

When you see Nicole's incredible lovely blog you just have to love pink,even if you don't


Her blog is my daily visit...and now I've discovered this one. I think I love it already

Philippine call center said...

What a wonderful blog you have. I had a great time visiting. Have a great day!

anne marie said...

i'm a huge fan of hers.

http://www.4prom.com/

Elle Sees said...

Charm bracelets are one of my fave things. I wish I had one!!

Sassy POSE said...

I love the charm bracelet idea. Since I didn't get one handed down to me I am going to be the one starting the tradition!

www.sassypose.blogspot.com

Darmae said...

I love the charm bracelets too! I have always wanted charm bracelets since I was seven.

Oh, My Darling said...

I love her collection of favorites!