9.16.2010

An Outfit (Deconstructed) ...


Remember when I said I wasn't a ruffle girl (or something to that effect)?

We'll I was delusional, as a quick scan of my archives revealed that out of the nine total "outfits deconstructed" I've posted thus far, six of them involved ruffles of some sort (at the hem, on the sleeve, at the bodice).

That's like a 2/3 rate of return on ruffles. Clearly I don't know myself very well...

So I'm not going to say anything on this post about how I rarely wear color and that I'm more of a neutrals/black clothes gal and that this blue is a stretch for me, because saying that might result in a parade of Punky Brewester-esque outfit posts sporting me in mis-matched rainbow striped socks.



Oh and I peeked in my closet last night and counted four (!) tops all in this exact same shade of cobalt blue... So it's settled, apparently I'm a blue girl and a ruffle girl.

After all, admission is the first step.


The Details:

  • Blue/Ruffled Tunic -- Anthropologie
  • Necklace -- Anthropologie
  • Bracelet -- Thrifted
  • Jeans -- The Gap
  • Shoes -- Givenchy

14 comments:

stephanie. said...

I'm definitely a ruffle girl. I like pairing ruffles with something less feminine (like jeans or a military inspired piece.) Great look. Love the blue and can I borrow those shoes? =)

3 Including Me... said...

Loving the jeans with the zipper bottom! So cute! Everygirl should have some ruffles!!!

A House and Home said...

love that color blue! perhaps THAT's the color I'll paint my new dresser?

Christina said...

Gorgeous top and shoes!

Brittany C. said...

Lovely! I enjoy an architectural feel to my ruffles, can't get enough of them.
Must now add ankle length jeans with zippers to my fall shopping list.

Anonymous said...

ah those shoes! love love love!

About Last Weekend said...

stunning. I am tempted to be a copycat and buy that exact top and necklace. Except I will have to substitute G shoes with Target ones..I've just realised why you have head cut off in your photos, you are taking photos into a mirror...(quick as a whippet)

Jennifer Woods said...

Love this outfit!

Ana Degenaar said...

OK. I love! L.O.V.E that mini-dress! because I have current obsession with blue and ruffles. You look stunning!

Kirsten said...

You look GORGEOUS!!!! xxoo

SG

neLLa said...

i love that colour...is perfect!

greath!!

That Girl in Pearls said...

So effortless! Love it.


Hope you have a wonderful night Love,
B.

Unknown said...

You look great as usual, love the color and your shoes.
BTW The Four Tops a great R & B group from the
60s. LOL
BarbaraG

Anonymous said...

it is hard to break away from nuetrals, but i love seeing intense colour- it's like a great big jolt of energy!