9.02.2010

A Reminder, Some Writing + A Movie...



First up the reminder...The Rikshaw pop-up shop/Little Bean one-year anniversary party that Christine and I are co-hosting is tomorrow(!), and we are psyched...

There will be all sorts of goodness friends. We'd love to see you there.



Next up, my "On Our Radar" column is out in this month's Dallas Child + I also have a piece in it touting the benefits of the "at-home" birthday party...

The irony? In just a few days, I'll be throwing Audrey's first (in seven years) non at-home birthday party.

I know, I know...


And speaking of irony, I also wrote a piece for the fall DFW Edible about my deep and abiding love of the corn dog (and the Texas State Fair). Yes, I realize an ode to a corn battered, deep-fried hot dog in a magazine about local, sustainable, organic eating is weird.

I couldn't help myself. I love corn dogs that much.






And finally there's this movie. I'm intrigued (I like that Katie Holmes...). Anyone planning to see it? I can't decide if the movie looks great or if I'm just drawn to that whole Northeastern fall vibe (and that wood paneled Wagoneer) in the trailer...

15 comments:

tiffany said...

Ooh! That movie looks GREAT!

torrie said...

Great articles Joslyn! I know I always say this, but it's true, once again...

I have the exact same love of corn dogs (my favorite so far are found at a little cart in Disneyland) AND at-home-birthday parties- which I think is very common in the blog world, but not so much the case in the 'real world.' All birthday parties have been at home- and I don't see it changing- even though my son's going to be 13 next year (scary)!

Ana Degenaar said...

I am planning to see that movie, I am also intrigued and I love Rikshaw to bits, I wish I was there!
xo

Jacinda said...

I just (by chance) saw your "On Our Radar" in Dallas Child. It was so fun to see your name attached. Hey, I "know" her! Love it!

Mary Jo said...

Will totally go see that movie!

stephanie. said...

i agree with torrie, the BEST corn dogs are found at that little cart in d-land! i have to get one every time we go.

can't wait to see the romantics. love katie holmes too (but not so much a fan of her other half.) adore the jcrew ads with the cast.

Susan said...

i haven't seen that trailer before, i totally want to see the movie now.

Sarah Bradley said...

The movie looks awesome! I've never seen the preview and have definitely added it to my watch list!

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the movie as well, maybe influenced a little by The Big Chill, but a dead romance instead of a dead friend;)

Kate said...

I'm hoping to read The Romantics before seeing it; the Northeastern autumn thing does look charming!

Tamara said...

great party tips in your write-up.

the movie looks like an ideal girls-out movie. lighthearted on the plot and big on the lovely vibe.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the party at Little Bean. Thank you for being such a gracious hostess...and so beautiful, too! Loved your necklace. I did write about how much fun we had. xoxo

Cassi said...

Cute! I hadn't seen the trailer for this movie until your post, and I'm a sucker for Candice Bergen, so I am looking forward to seeing it now. :)

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine saw an early showing in LA and the movie lives up to the trailer! Yeah! Hoping it is this decades version of Beautiful Girls (just different town and season). Can't wait!

Joslyn said...

Bestie -- so hapy to hear it was good!
and i love your comparision to Beautiful Girls...that was a great movie, so here's hoping!